Monday, December 12, 2011

Banana Berry Muffins



It is raining today and I felt like baking so had a crack at these delicious muffins.  I wasn't sure how they would turn out but rest assured....they are yummy.  I licked the bowl clean after I poured the mix into the muffin tin and then couldn't even wait for them to cool before I turned one out (evidence above) and gobbled it up.


makes 12 medium sized muffins

200 g almond meal
100 g desiccated/shredded coconut
1 large ripped banana
3 eggs
4 tbsp melted *coconut oil (you could also use butter)
1/2 cup yoghurt
10 medjool dates (seeds removed)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon
a pinch of salt

a sprinkle of love2 handful of berries (defrost first if frozen)

Set the oven at 180c
Add all the ingredients into food processor except the berries and mix for a minute.
Add the berries and stir around with a spoon.
Use a spoon to divide amongst muffin tin and bake for approx 15mins (or until golden on top and toothpick comes out clean).  Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a rack.  



I don't know that I would freeze these muffins but I actually don't expect they would last long enough to even bother.


*check out this link to Sarah Wilson's blog for info on Coconut Oil
http://www.sarahwilson.com.au/2011/11/why-i-get-excited-about-coconut-oil/

No comments:

Post a Comment