Sunday, March 11, 2012

Perfect Pesto

I went to the Farmers market this morning, which by the way is my idea of a perfect Sunday...LOVE IT!!  Anyway I got my hands on a lovely bunch of fresh organic basil and decided it was pesto time.

So here it is, my recipe for fast and fabulous pesto. 


Fresh basil, minutes from the farmers markets smells delicious
Ingredients:

1 bunch of basil
80gm Pine nuts (you can also use walnuts)
50gm Parmesan cheese
1 clove of garlic
1/4 cup of cold pressed olive oil
salt & pepper


Method:
Pre 'wazzing'

Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz on high until you get desired consistency. 

You may need to occasionally scrape down the sides of processor to make sure that everything mixes well.

Spoon into glass jar (for some reason it just stores better in glass) making sure that you don't leave any air pockets (tap jar on counter top). 

Then pour a little olive oil on top and seal jar.

Store your pesto in the fridge.

This won't last long . . . . trust me.

It can be used in lots of delicious ways. 

I am going to be using mine this week on my slightly tweaked version of 'Very Vege Lasagne' from one of my favourite new blogs Farmer K's Kitchen.

Enjoy xx


No comments:

Post a Comment